About Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution:
Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution is an insured and bonded in-home professional pet sitting, dog walking, playgroup and training service that has continued to serve the New Orleans area since November 2010. We provide thoughtful pet care and owner support that intentionally respects the pet, the family, the community, and the planet.
About the Position:
Pet experts are assigned to a specific area throughout which they travel from one home to another to visit cats and/or walk dogs, and take dogs to playgroup. They work closely with the owner, manager, and other pet experts to ensure the pets they serve receive the highest quality care.
Salary and Benefits:
Part-time pet experts are paid at a rate of $10/hour. Training for new staff is paid at minimum wage. Opportunities for advancement and full-time positions may be available as the business grows.
We are looking for nothing short of fabulous workers to add to our team. Qualifications include:
- Attention to detail
- Calm under stress / Working well under pressure
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Fast and enthusiastic learner
- Flexible schedule (can work on holidays, work odd hours, and work at last minute notice)
- Following instruction well
- Knowing (or willing to learn) how to administer medications to animals
- Owning a smart phone that can be used for work purposes
- Photography skills (or willingness to learn)
- Previous experience with animals
- Reliable transportation (car and bike)
- “Team player” attitude
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- have professional experience working with animals or in the pet care industry
- can make a significant time commitment to Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution
- strive to be environmentally-friendly
- are willing to go above and beyond with both pets and clients
- have previous experience in customer service
To apply to be a part-time pet expert with Sarah’s Pet Care Revolution, please send your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in and qualification for the position to email@example.com with Part-Time Pet Expert Application in the subject line no later than Monday, February 8th. Candidates selected from among the pool of written applications will begin our interview process immediately. We hope to bring on our hire for training by Monday, February 22nd.